Sunday, July 24, 2005

Found Wireless

Yes! Found wireless at the workshop/tutorial locations even though they said I wouldn't :)

Below you can see a the electrical sockets here, which are all quite recessed. This made it hard for my old plug adapter to work (it would have worked if they were flush with the wall). It is an old, sacred adapter passed down from generation to generation. Well, from grandmother to me. These new ones force you to have the metal grounds (see top and bottom prongs on inner rings). It's very similar to the third prong they are encouraging back in the states. However, it makes the plugs 2-3 times bigger over here. Huh, I thought the US was supposed to do everything bigger.

Got here by the local bus this morning. They gave us all passes for the week (sweet!). I met this guy doing a post-doc in medicine from Spain and he helped me out with the right stop.

I should probably pay attention to this Tutorial, since I am signed up for it :)

No comments: