Friday, August 12, 2005

Piazzas galore, but piazzas no more

Today (8th), I just took it easy and hit up the last few piazzas that I was told to see: Navona, Spagna, and Campo di Fiori. Campo had a market and I bought some oranges for .5 euros. Nobody spoke english so I just picke out my fruit, held out my money, and they took what they wanted :) Navona was really impressive because of its size and also its primary fountain. The fountain has an obelisk and has four separate statues and fountains that come out of it. They each represent one of major rivers of the world. Piazza Pasquina is a small one that I hit up just because it has this talking statueNow Spagna was okay, nothing crazy, but there are these stairs that if you hike to the top of, you can see the whole piazza, which is nice. I had some pizza there and it was pretty good.

I went by the train station today and reserved a ticket for Florence on Wednesday, so tomorrow will be my last day. I am thinking about hitting up Venice after Florence. I want to be back in Germany for the 12th because that is Jen's birthday. Maybe I can hit up the seaside tomorrow? Either way, I feel that I have gotten a good taste of Rome :)

At night, I convinced Vittorio and myself to take the scooter up to Giannicolo and see the cityscape at night to take pics. I leave you with the photo of the romantic view ;)

1 comment:

Lasse Flies said...

Nice blog.... looking forward to seeing more great pics from around the world...

take care...